To promote the exchange of ideas and to foster collaboration between the young and future farmers of Nova Scotia.
To provide a multi-faceted educational and development opportunity for young and beginning farmers from across Nova Scotia. More specifically, to:
– IDENTIFY the problems encountered by young people looking to become established in agriculture, and to exchange ideas about solutions applied in Canada and around the world.
– PROMOTE the exchange of ideas on issues of training and capacity building, and to identify program needs and preferred delivery methods.
– ENABLE young people throughout Nova Scotia to become familiar with the realities of the agriculture industry.
– PREPARE young and beginning farmers for a more active role in provincial and national agricultural organizations.
– CONSOLIDATE the opinion of young and beginning farmers across Nova Scotia on agriculture and rural issues.
– TRAINING & EDUCATION